You may visit our site anonymously. However, we have the following levels of information collection.
- If you buy one of our products, or respond to emails, surveys or questionnaires related to our Website, we collect the following information: name, e-mail address and country.
- If – after buying one of our products – you register for use of those products, we collect the following information: name, e-mail address, gender, country, telephone number, preferred means to contact you, mother tongue, time zone, right or left-handedness, date of birth, and whether a learning disability has been diagnosed for the user.
- When you decide to use our programs, before beginning use, you may be asked, in addition to the information mentioned above, certain specific aspects of your medical history and other information, to make evaluative tests relevant to your use of our programs.
Of course, if you are registering with regard to an actual user who is a minor, much of the information requested will relate to the minor.
- During the actual use of our programs, we will collect certain data resulting from the use of our programs, including IP address, information about the user’s behavior, performance and the results of questionnaires and evaluative tests that the user will answer during the course of use of our programs.
The information that we may collect about you – and the user if he or she is a minor – includes both information from which you or the user can be identified (“personal information”) and information from which you or the user cannot be identified (“non-identifying information”).
Any of the information we collect from you can be used only in the following ways:
- to personalize the user experience – your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs or those of the actual user;
- to improve our website and the BrightStar programs – we continually strive to improve our website and program offerings based on the information and feedback we receive,
- to improve customer service – your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs and to send periodic emails relating to us and our services.
We may use personal Information to process transactions, to check the user’s progress, to provide technical support to the user and to respond to inquiries from you.
We may use non-identifying information for some purposes, including publication and making it available to researchers, regulatory agencies or others. Non-identifying information is our exclusive property, for which you will not be entitled to any payment.
Except for the purposes mentioned above, we will not release personal information to anyone, unless you agree in writing or unless we are required to do so by law or court order. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential.
However, we will be entitled (but not required) to disclose personal information in the following circumstances:
- in the event of a dispute, disagreement or any legal or quasi legal proceeding between you, the user and us,
- in the event that we believe that this may prevent harm to you or the user or to a third party.
In the event that our activities are transferred to another corporation, we will be permitted to provide all the information in our possession to the corporation that will acquire our activities, provided that the corporation accepts upon itself the provisions of privacy contained here.
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you place an order or enter, submit, or access your information.
We offer the use of a secure server. All supplied sensitive information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our Payment gateway providers database only to be accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential.
Our Website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics solution by Google. Google Analytics adds cookies to your computer when you visit the Website and collects usage information to create statistics for BrightStar Learning.
BrightStar shall comply with the Personal Data Protection Act of The Netherlands and other rules and regulations applicable to the protection of privacy and personal information in force in The Netherlands, as well as good practices for personal information usage. BrightStar shall take appropriate measures to prevent unauthorized access to, improper use of and the reasonable accuracy of your personal information and other information submitted to BrightStar via the use of Services. All data and information transferred in connection with use of the Software is secured.
BrightStar may under its own initiative, or at your request, replenish, rectify or erase any incomplete, inaccurate or outdated personal information retained by BrightStar in connection with the operation of the Service.
You shall always have the right to inspect and verify any data regarding you. You may exercise this right by providing BrightStar with an undersigned request for inspection, which must be sent to BrightStar at the address mentioned below.
It is the policy of BrightStar to request that persons under the age of 18 do not provide any information to the Services without the consent of a parent or legal guardian.
BrightStar may at any time with or without a separate notice change this Policy, and you are encouraged to review this Policy from time to time. In case of substantial changes, BrightStar shall notify all its users by email or via notice on the Website.
Our company address is: BrightStar Learning / Customer Support, D. Kats, Eisenhowerlaan 124, 2517 KM The Hague, The Netherlands.